(double click the page to enlarge)Attached is a lost, now found, letter from CL Robberson to me.
I wrote to him that he had been one of the significant positive mile stones in my life and his good influence had remained to this day. That was the gist of it. His ham radio class and the esprit de corp that existed in that group created friendships for a lifetime which was personally good for me. I even still have my amateur radio call which I have never let expire, so his influence lives on. Anyway, we found the letter crumpled up in a very out of the way place. Guess it fell behind there one day and went missing. ......Doug
Mr. Robberson was definitely a resident of assisted living at Epworth Villa in Oklahoma City sometime between May 1999 when I went to work there and 2004 when I retired. I recall his once wandering into one of my employee meetings, not realizing what was happening, just always looking for activity. I invited him to join us and introduced him to the crowd as a beloved teacher of mine. He wandered the halls a lot because he was quite healthy and active, except for his near-blindness. Seems like he had macular degeneration as well as short-term memory loss. The activities director in the assisted living area said he kept her challenged and always had the bingo or other games set up before she got there.
I'm thinking he was living there when I first started or soon after. I would stop to visit him when I saw him in the hallways, but he didn't really remember me from one time to the next. I always mentioned the names of the guys, particularly you, Hinkle, and Bill Myrick. He seemed to remember all of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment